Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Roller Coaster Ride Continues

Where I sit during my visits
     However, today the ride is heading in the right direction.  Hope brings elation!  I know the story can quickly change but she has shown some improvement and all vital signs are stable.  I honestly thought she was going to crash yesterday and I could read the concern on my surgeon's face and hear it in his voice.  He made his usual morning call to me at 8:30 AM and I could hear the enthusiasm in his voice immediately.  I took care of my dogs and headed to Leesburg.  I could see the change in Gypsy's attitude as well.  She is beginning to eat a little more on her own but we still have her hooked up to the plasma.  She has also begun to drink on her own and if that continues we can start cutting back on the IV fluids.  I know Gypsy has some fans among you so I wanted to post this just in case the power goes out again as we have strong storms bearing down on us.  I am relieved to know that Gypsy is in an airconditioned space and is spared from the intense heat. Today it was triple digits with a heat index of 110.  Even if the power goes out there are back up generators at the Center.  This is not the first time I have been thankful to have such a state of the art facility just a half hour away.  It is sort of like having the Mayo Clinic in your backyard:)

The beautiful grounds of the Marion DuPont Scott Center which is located at Morven Park in Leesburg
      I felt encouraged enough today that the painter in me came alive again and before I left I managed to take some photos.  I knew the storms were building so it was important to get on the road and beat them home.  The beauty of this place is something I would like to paint on one of these visits but I will hold off on that for now.     http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment