Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Took a Break!

"Above Cayuga's Waters", oil on linen 24x30
     I took a break indeed!  I didn't realize my last post was on February 1st which just goes to prove how time flies!  I have been busy and I  have been away.  I enjoy blogging but when time becomes a consideration I must put my journal on  hold.  I had planned on blogging from the Outer Banks while we were there but discovered that the problems I had with Blogger on this computer were now happening on my laptop.  Go figure.

      When I read back through my posts I realized that I had never uploaded the finished version of "Above Cayuga's Waters" which you see here on the left.  I tweaked it a little today and may make another minor adjustment. It was a dark and rainy day so I will wait for some bright natural light before making that decision.
      I didn't take my oils to the Outer Banks this trip but did bring watercolors and my sketch books.  The next painting I do will be one inspired by Currituck Sound which is a favorite subject of mine. I also want to do a couple of beach paintings. Evening provided the most interesting moments especially on the dune overlooking the beach and the crashing waves.  The surf was pink/gold where the sun hit it and lavender/turquoise where shaded.  I did a sketch that shows the surf only and I am tempted to paint that in a large format like my paintings of the Great Falls in Virginia. 

      The Patron's Show at the Art League in Alexandria is now over and I never posted about the experience, nor did I upload the five paintings I had in the show.  The Patron's Show was one of the reasons I was too busy.  All five paintings are off to new homes and I was very happy that one of them will be residing in the home of a good friend.
      Look for another 'Farmhouse" painting this week.  I am feeling the urge to do another little 6x8 and keep the series going.  If we get the sun we are promised I may do it tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment