Friday, June 14, 2013

What a Beautiful Day!

"The Farmhouse" 6x8 oil on panel
     As the post title and painting tell you it was a particularly beautiful day today!  Those of you familiar with the Washington DC area know that our summers are extremely hot, humid and atmospheric.  Today was one of those wonderful exceptions.  It was warm, not hot.  There was a  light breeze that kept my favorite "whipped cream" clouds floating across a clear, bright blue sky.  Honey suckle is blooming and filling the air and the cornflowers are blooming.  Okay, I'm getting carried away even I can hear the violins:)

      I spent most of the day at the barn.  I arrived in time for a picnic lunch that was being held in honor of the retiring head of security (the barn is at a private school) and the grill added it's own delicious fragrance to the air!  Sadly I didn't have my pochade box with me so when I left I snapped a couple of shots of the farmhouse which is now obscured by the large tree in front.  I had an hour and a half before dinner so I went to the studio and painted this mini to add to my Farmhouse series. I only needed a couple of glances at my i phone photos before tearing into it.  Like I said in some earlier posts, I have been looking at this view for 30 years and I don't need to stand there to paint it.  I hope we have a weekend full of days like this.  I know a summer full is too much to expect.
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com  http://wslp.org

No comments:

Post a Comment