Thursday, January 5, 2012

First Post of 2012


"Meet me down the Village", 11x14 oil on panel
      Now with the Holidays and my wonderful trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina behind me I am back to work in the studio.  I have spent the week planning, sketching and making some exhibition decisions.  The two tonal paintings I am showing you here are the ones I have decided to send to New York for the Black and White Show at the Salmagundi Club.  Some of you have been watching the progress on the sepia painting which I have decided to title "The Artist's Sanctuary" but the other black and white was a last minute painting which I am quite pleased with.  It was based on an afternoon in Greenwich Village. I really liked the strong light and shade as a subject and having lots of interesting forms to play with.
      The Black and White Show is the most historic show at the Salmagundi Club and dates back to the 19th century.  You can read more about it at http://www.salmagundi.org/

"The Artist's Sanctuary", 14x11 oil on panel
      I am happy to report that all three of the tiny paintings I showed you that I had entered in the Thumb Box Show at the Salmagundi have found new homes.  I hope these two for the Black and White Show fare as well.  Also on the horizon is the Patron's Show at the Art League Gallery in February and the Spring Auctions at the Salmagundi Club in March.  Both of those events are fundraisers for those organizations.  I will be sure to give you more information and show you the works that I will have available as soon as I make that decision.  Bidding for the Salmagundi auction will also be done online and I will let you know exactly when and how that works.  Some of you might be interested in placing a bid.
      I am also beginning to concentrate on the paintings I will be exhibiting at the Ratner Museum in Bethesda Maryland in June.  I will be one of nine artists in a show called "Landscapes and Other Visions" which will run for the month.  I would like to exhibit paintings of both the rural and urban landscape.  So, it's time to head to DC with my plein air easel and see what I come up with!  http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment