Saturday, July 21, 2012

She will be coming home!

"Gypsy in Clover" 11x14 oil on panel
      It has been an extraordinary 10 days.  Life has been turned upside down and finally we are right side up.  Gypsy will be coming home!  She has survived and will once more be in clover as she is in this painting. It is hard to belive that day was just a short month ago. 
       Friday was the turn around day and she has made rapid progress since.  She is still in isolation but as soon as we get three negative readings on the cultures taken yesterday she can leave isolation, be in a regular stall and we can plan to take her home later this week.  I know it will be a busy time when she comes home and it won't be business as usual for some time yet but I don't care.  I am so incredibly thankful to have her back.  All thanks to the best veterinary care I could ask for!  My vet Nancy Voytosh made all the right calls and then Gypsy was passed into the amazing hands of her surgeon Dr. James Brown who has also been there for both Gypsy and me every single day.  He walked a real tight rope with her and brought her through. The caring staff that was with her 24 hours a day at the Marion DuPont Scott Equine Medical Center knows how hard isolation is for a horse and they saw to her needs and gave her lots of TLC.
      
       I took some wonderful landscape photos while I was there and plan to do some paintings from them soon.  At some point I will go back and paint on site but not for awhile.  I need to stay close to Gypsy so the next plein air pieces you see will probably be similar to the above.  There is still a lot to paint here at her home barn and I look forward to some more cool days like today to set up my easel.

     ON EXHIBIT THROUGH JULY; At the Art League Gallery in Old Town Alexandria...."Two Red Boats" and "The Dock at Jack's".
     ON EXHIBIT IN AUGUST:  At the Salmagundi Summer Online Show, Wednesday, August 1st through Friday, September 28.  Link to be provided soon.  Paintings exhibited; "Evening Descends on Black Pond" and "Winter Gold"
http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/  http://www.salmagundi.org/


1 comment:

  1. Jean, I am so happy that things have turned around for Gypsy! I hope she has a speedy recovery.
    Debbie Taylor

    ReplyDelete