Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Return to Routine

Gypsy, Ariana and Me
     After 19 days at the Marion Du Pont Scott Equine Center I was able to bring Gypsy home on Monday.  She is as happy to be home as we are to have her.  That is not to say she wasn't happy at the Center.  Once out of isolation she enjoyed being in one of the barns with other horses and regular activity around her.  I was there everyday.  Still, home is home.  The photo to the left was taken today by Ariana's mother whom I have known since she was a little girl. Like Ariana she too attended summer horse camp and grew up to be an avid rider and now a doctor.  Sometimes I feel older than dirt!

     Being back home means less time on the road traveling to visit Gypsy and we are able to get back to our usual routine.  Mornings are spent at the barn and afternoons in the studio.  Today I took some time to get organized.  I need to be ready to enter paintings next week for the annual Landscape Show at the Art League Gallery and I just spent time getting photos of my paintings together for an update of my website this week.  I signed works I  had forgotten to sign and while doing that I realized I had never shown you the last painting I did at the workshop at Willow Pond Lavender Farm.  I can't believe that was only a month ago!


Morning on Willow Pond, 16x12 oil on linen panel
 You can check under June to read the posts about that wonderful weekend.  The Hickory Bridge painting was of the farm where I was staying and the other two were both painted that Saturday at Willow Pond Lavender Farm.  This one was painted on Sunday morning before I left for home.  I think I posted an image of it on the easel and then I just finished it up later that week after I got home.

I pulled it out today to sign it (as you can see I had forgotten to do that) and when I did I took out one from last August that I had forgotten about and never signed or uploaded to my website.  It was painted from the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain in Maryland and I was looking towards Virginia. I do remember posting about it because that was one of the paintings that the wind picked up and dumped face down in the dirt.  In any case, I photographed it for my website because I decided I liked it and it looks good with the rest of my summer paintings.


The Blue Ridge, 11x14 oil on linen panel

ON EXHIBIT:  The Salmagundi Club's first online members exhibit "Summer Potpourri",  My paintings "Winter Gold" and "Evening Descends on Black Pond" can be seen by visiting www.salmagundi.org   Follow the menu prompts for that show.  I think my work can be seen on pages 13 and 14.  There are many beautiful paintings to see. Until September
 ON EXHIBIT:  The Art League Gallery, All Media juried show, "Two Red Boats" and "The Dock at Jacks".  Through Sunday, August 5th
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com  Check towards the end of the week. There will be new work on the Small Landscapes and Black and White pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment