Sunday, August 12, 2012

This Weekend's Work

"Storm Clouds Over Morven Park" 24x30 (in progress)
     Saturday afternoon I got back to work on "Storm Clouds" and took this picture when I had to break for the day.  It is all falling into place very easily.  Sometimes they just flow from beginning to end and happily this is one of those paintings.  I will have to take a close up when it is done as you can't really appreciate the texture when seen from a distance.  I am using both brushes and palette knives and working quickly and spontaneously.  I have my sketch for reference and sky photos to refer to as well but mostly this one is in my head.  I had plenty of time to stand and imprint it on my mind while grazing Gypsy.

Still in Progress on Sunday
     Today, Sunday, I made quite a lot of progress and would have finished it if the light had not died on me.  It was time to stop and prepare dinner and rather than go back to work after dark I thought it best to wait until tomorrow to finish up.  This photo is a little dark because I wanted to take it without the studio lights on which would have given quite a golden cast to it. The colors in the clouds to the right are more like you see them in the photo from Saturday.
      There are at least two more paintings from this series that I will do in progression.  I know for sure I have another linen canvas this size but I might not have a third.  I would like all three to be 24x30 and I have already decided how I want them framed.

Framing!  That is something I really have to spend time on this week.  I have ordered more materials, I have the frames but not the offset clips, tape or paper backing.  They should arrive tomorrow which would be great because I need to send three up to the Salmagundi for the next show...."Sunrise, Sunset".  I have plenty of paintings to select from that fit that theme but would like to send very small ones so I can get all three in one box and not spend a fortune

GYPSY UPDATE:
She is progressing really well and keeping busy eating to make up for all the weight she lost.  I hand walk and hand graze her every morning and she gets stronger every single day.  So much so that she really has to stay tethered to me so that she doesn't go for a run.  She just knows that she feels better and Mother Nature hasn't informed her that she is stitched and glued together.  Yes, glued!  Tissue glue (like Super Glue) was used to close her up rather than traditional stitches.  I am being a "helicopter mom":)
Gypsy with her head in her feed bucket with her friend Diego for company
                                                       
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com
www.salmagundi.org   Visit the online exhibit "Summer Pot Pourri" and check pages 13 & 14 to view my paintings. "Evening Descends on Black Pond" and "Winter Gold"

No comments:

Post a Comment