Thursday, August 22, 2013

On Exhibit

"Different Paths", 18x24 oil on panel

         Here we are at the end of August and I realized I never mentioned that the painting above was juried into the annual "Scapes" (International Landscape Show) at the Art League Gallery. The show continues until September 2nd and has been on exhibit since August 6th.  I am always very happy to be juried into this show so please don't read my failure to mention it as being nonchalance.  There are a lot of entries for this very popular show so being included is always a very good thing,
        Also still on exhibit is the Summer Potpourri Show online at the Salmagundi Show. I will give links at the end of this blog entry and if you should visit this exhibit online I am on page 17 (I think, anyway it is alphabetical). I have one of my "Farmhouse" minis on exhibit as well as "Storm Clouds Over Morven Park".  The Salmagundi Club is undergoing a massive renovation so in house exhibits are temporarily on hold.  You might enjoy seeing the photos that have been posted of the work in progress on this wonderful, historic mansion.
       Another show that continues into September is the "Art of DC" at American Paintings Gallery on MacArthur Boulevard in DC.  I still have four paintings left in that show which is a Washington Society of Landscape Painters exhibit.
        Lastly there is River District Arts in Sperryville Virginia where "Blue Ridge" is on exhibit until September 29th.  If you want to take a Sunday drive into some gorgeous country this is only about an hour outside of DC.  This show is also a Washington Society of Landscape Painters exhibit and it is a beauty! 
       I should also mention that the Oil Painters of America Summer Salon Show continues until August 31st but I don't think you can view it on the OPA site any longer.  My painting from that show did sell and I look forward to hearing where it is off to.
      
       I have had to take a brief hiatis from work to take care of some medical issues but I plan to be back to the studio tomorrow.  I have so much that just has to get on paper or canvas.  I have no lack of inspiration at the moment and I love that feeling!  So, here are the promised links.  Happy surfing:)

www.theartleague.org    www.salmagundi.org   www.classicamericanpainting.com (that's the American Painting Gallery)  http://wslp.org (Washington Society of Landscape Painters where you can see all the centennial exhibits including the one at River District mentioned above)  www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment