Saturday, February 15, 2014

Reactionary!

"Summer" 16x20 oil on linen (in progress)


      This is how I spent my time during the most recent (nasty!) snow storm. Thirteen inches of snow then sleet and rain and then more snow. I was just not up to a gray, cold painting so I turned my back on the window, set one of my favorite summer paintings from the Farmhouse series next to my easel and painted. I felt warmer and happier just immersing myself in it. I finished it late this afternoon but it is dark out now so I will wait until daylight to photograph it and share it here.
       Perhaps tomorrow I will paint snow again as it is supposed to be a sunny day. Better yet if the sky stays clear we will be able to enjoy a full moon illuminating the snow. Perhaps a nocturne......


No comments:

Post a Comment