Saturday, February 1, 2014

Having Fun With Color!

"Untitled" 16x20 oil on linen panel

      I made a fair amount of progress on this yet to be titled Pennsylvania Avenue painting today. I worked well beyond the point at which this photo was taken but I wanted to stop and photograph it while the light in the studio was still bright.  Today was a beautiful day with a touch of spring in the air. Snow and ice melted away and I was inspired to work with bright color. I have a number of decisions to make. Do I want a row of cars on the right as I have sketched in? Do I want to keep the foreground figure and what other figures do I want to put in? How do I want to go about suggesting detail without actually adding detail? They are important decisions but the most important ones have been made and I am optimistic about the outcome of this painting.  I am at the fun stage!

     In June and July I will be involved in several exhibits and it is time to start preparing for those. I will be working on cityscapes, nocturnes and paintings with a summer theme. I have learned how quickly four months can go by and I want to have a lot of new work to select from.  I feel energized!

      ON EXHIBIT:
     "The Black and White Show" at the Salmagundi Club, 47 5th Ave., NYC until February 14th. You can now view the entire show online at www.salmagundi.org. and this year's show is a really good one!

       American Paintings Fine Art; 5118 MacArthur Boulevard, Washington DC ; I have six paintings with a Potomac or C&O Canal theme on view through March.

     "The Annual Members Show" also at the Salmagundi Club will open any day now. All the paintings are there and ready to be hung as soon as work on the Main Gallery is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment