Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Sunrise, Sunset"

"Summer Evening, Millwood Pond", 8x10 oil on linen panel
      "Sunrise, Sunset" is the theme of the upcoming exhibit in the main gallery at the Salmagundi Club in New York City.  All three of the paintings shown on this page have been juried into this show.  I have changed the titles from when I showed them in earlier posts because I didn't want to just go with the same title and then #1,2,3.  All were paintings done as studies for the large painting I did on commission in July 2011.  The commissioned painting is titled "Erik's Pond" as it is Erik who owns the beatiful Millwood Pond.  You can go back to my posts from July 2011 to see that painting in progress.  You will quickly see that it was study #3 which was the one Erik chose as the model for the final painting.

"Afterglow on Millwood Pond", 8x10 oil on linen panel
     The exhibit will run from Monday, September 17 through Friday, October 5, 2012.  What is interesting is that the paintings will be sold via silent auction and 50% of the sale will go to the Club BuildingFund.  (More about that in another post) Rather than price the paintings we have been asked to put a minimum bid amount for each painting.  We have also been asked to keep the minimum bid low to encourage bidding and sales.  I have done that.  The opening bid for each of these works will be only $160!  So, if any of you out there have been thinking you would like to own one of my paintings this is a great opportunity to get one at a very good price. 
     The auction will begin on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH.  So, mark  you calendars!

"Millwood Pond, Sunset" 8x10 oil on panel
     If  you want to place a bid you should contact the Salmagundi Club starting on that date.  The address is 47 5th Ave., NY, NY 10003.  The phone number is 202-255-7740.
I will post more information as I receive it and there may be a way to place a bid online.  I will find out.  Meanwhile, I have to hustle and get these packed and shipped in time for receiving up there. 
     I think this will be a beautiful exhibit.  I can only imagine the impact of color upon entering the gallery! www.salmagundi.org

No comments:

Post a Comment