Saturday, October 13, 2012

Second Session

Untitled, 20x16 oil on gessoboard
      This is shaping up rather quickly.  I was still working wet into wet here but areas of the painting are beginning to set up already and that in between stage is always tricky.  I might let the sky dry a little more before adding some finishing touches but the paint on the water is still very wet and workable. 
       Next session I will work on the shoreline and bring in the dock.  The hill and the glow behind it needs touching up.  The last thing I will do is the rigging on the boat.  I still don't have a title in mind.  This is at the break of day on Lake Cuyaga in Ithaca NY.  I decided to edit out the other boats and just have the one vessel.  Somewhere between "dawn" and "vessel" there is a title lurking

       I am pleased to be included in so many shows right now and you can read the post below to find links to them.  I am beginning to get ready for several small works exhibits which are always popular in November and December.  The largest paintings will be 8x10 and I will also have some 6x8's. I will post about them as soon as I know what is going where.

     Instead of riding everyday I should be out painting in this remarkable weather.  I love this season so much!  I am outdoors most of the day and start my studio work late in the afternoon.  I know I will be spending most of my time in the studio all too soon so I want to maximize the time I have outside.  My horse Gypsy is really getting her strength back and I tell myself I need to ride everyday for her sake but really it is for both of us.  I will take a day off this week and spend a day painting somewhere.  I might go back to the Marion du Pont Center where she was hospitalized and paint that wonderful landscape.

           A fun event is coming up at the Art League in Alexandria.  ART ON THE ROCKS!  This is an annual event at the gallery. Six Old Town Alexandria restaurants send their mixologists to create a drink inspired by the art work of their choice from the current show. This month the show is "COLOR SPHERE" and in my last post you can see the painting I have in this show. Besides a creative drink the restaurants also provide hors d'oeuvres.   The ticket price is $35 which entitles you to all six drinks ( if you can handle it) and the food provided.  The event takes place WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24TH from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.   I will definitely be attending, hopefully with a couple of friends.  You can read more on the Art League blog.  Go to www.theartleague.org and click on the symbol for the blog at the lower right hand corner of the opening page.  You can see what art works were selected to be cocktails this year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment