Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Finished!

"Different Paths" 18x24 oil on gessoboard
     This painting and the one before it, "Daybreak on the Inlet"  took forever to photograph!  That is one reason I haven't posted.  This is about as close as I could get but the original has a little more blue/purple in the sky, however, not as much as what you saw in the post before.  I tried everything, times of day, camera settings, supplemental light and finally I got this.  I will also post another copy of "Daybreak" as the last one was too purple.  I had great fun painting them though:)

    Since I finally got some decent photos I went ahead with the update to my website.  Yes, wonder of wonders I updated it.  I don't want to get that far behind again.  I think the last exhibit I posted was in May! I still haven't weaned out the older work nor have I made the format changes I thought I would make.  I felt it more important just to get the information up there. All this social media has its perks but it sure is time consuming and I would really rather be painting.  Still, it is nice to be able to share my work, thoughts and experiences as a painter with a much larger audience.  It is also good for me to go back and read about my own experiences just as artists used to do with their journals.  www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

THE 129TH SALMAGUNDI MEMBERS EXHIBIT is in full swing having been delayed for almost two weeks by Hurricane Sandy.  Although the Club has posted a walk through of the show for members they have not as yet posted the images on the website but I believe there is a plan to do so.  I think they all need a break up there!  Many members suffered damage to their homes and the Club also had to make repairs not to mention not having power for days.  Having a truncated exhibition time pales by comparison.  I am just thankful it got hung at all!  You can read about the exhibit at www.salmagundi.org

I have been busy working with the Art League in my capacity as a member of the Board of Directors for the last couple of days so I have not yet started my commissioned painting.  I plan to do so over the Thanksgiving Holiday and will post as soon as it is underway.  I don't have to cook!  We're going to my son's house:)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
"Daybreak on the Inlet" 20x16 oil on gessoboard

1 comment:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I have the same problem with photographing my paintings, I will take the photo, think I have a good one and then download and see the glare...

    ReplyDelete