Thursday, November 8, 2012

A New Painting in Progress

"Different Paths" 18x24 oil on gessoboard
     As for most people here in the Mid Atlantic the time between Hurricane Sandy and election day was an extremely busy one.  There was precious little time to paint and I have a lot of paintings begging for my time. 
     After voting I headed down to the Art League to hang the November show and upon arriving home around 8:00 I found myself immediately pulled in by the election coverage.  I forced myself to turn off the TV and get some sleep as I was pretty well exhausted and it was a challenge to keep myself from turning it back on.  Instead I awoke at 5:00 AM to get the news. I am seldom up at that hour and I couldn't get back to sleep so I headed to the studio to start work on a painting that was in my head.  I was going to photograph it from the very start but I was completely immersed in it and didn't stop until it had reached this stage.  It is well on its way!  The title is "Different Paths" and at this point that does not seem a clear title for this work but it will be.  I am glad I was able to bring it this far in the one session because I am leaving town tomorrow for a few days.  At this stage I am OK with working wet on dry as I have a lot of good painterly wet on wet going on.

THE SALMAGUNDI CLUB ANNUAL MEMBERS SHOW will open this Wednesday the 14th and run until November 30th.  If you are in NYC do stop in to see it and if not you will be able to view it online at
www.salmagundi.org  The Club address is 47 5th Ave. NY, NY.  See the post below to view my painting that will be part of this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment