Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Second Session on Summer Pasture

"Summer Pasture", 24x30 oil on linen (in progress)
     Today was an all day rainy day and I spent the better part of it working on "Summer Pasture".  I prefer working in natural light but with all my studio lights on and the floods with color correct bulbs I was fine.  One good thing about working under studio lights is you don't worry about the light changing.

     I am having a great time painting these clouds!  Already I want to do another with a similar theme.  I am just into these colors right now which makes sense because it is what we have been experiencing. I am pleased with the painting so far.  With the exception of the horse in the foreground I will most likely move the others around.  Gypsy was my grazing horse model and I am making the foreground horse a portrait of her.  I hope to finish this quickly because I want it to remain a wet into wet painting.  Check back to see the finished painting by the end of the week!
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com
My gallery page and interview is now up on the Washington Society of Landscape Painters site. Please visit
http://wslp.org
You might also want to visit the Oil Painters of America website and view all the paintings (mine included) that will be on exhibit this summer at the Summer Salon Show in Petoskey Michigan. www.oilpaintersofamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment