Saturday, June 29, 2013

"Another Opening, Another Show"

"Different Paths" 18x24 oil on panel
     Yesterday I delivered my two paintings for the "Celebrating One Hundred Years" exhibit which is being held at the McBride Gallery in Annapolis MD.  This is a Washington Society of Landscape Painters show and it opens Sunday, July 7th and runs until July 28th. The opening reception is from 1:00PM to 4:00PM on the 7th. It is always nice to have a reason to drive to Annapolis which is only 45 minutes away.

     The painting above you might remember from my posts in January. I took lots of photos of it before I found one that was accurate.  This is an upgraded image from those earlier posts.  The painting I chose to submit with it is "Old Angler's Bridge" which is the same size and framed with a matching frame.  I selected two paintings that would show well together because I didn't know whether the Gallery would hang them together or separately. 
"Old Angler's Bridge" 18x24 oil on panel

The McBride Gallery is located right on Main Street which is a really bustling thoroughfare.  Lots of foot traffic, lots of restaurants, lots of potential gallery visitors:)  The facade of the elegant old building belies its labyrinthine interior where you will find room after room of truly wonderful paintings! I was able to see a number of the paintings which will be in this show and I can tell you they are impressive!  I gave you a link to view the paintings online and they do look good there, however, you can't fully appreciate the size, the texture the saturation of color.  Viewing paintings online can work both ways in comparison to the originals. In this case as good as the photos are the show is worth a drive to Annapolis and I am so pleased to be a part of it!
www.mcbridegallery.com  http://wslp.org (click on the link to the show on the opening page)
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com
Just outside the McBride Gallery looking down Main St. towards the harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment