Saturday, October 19, 2013

More Small Works

    
       I am getting addicted.  Small works are instant gratification.  They are fun!  Today I painted two (not shown here) and I am looking forward to doing more.  I am wondering if I should be concerned that I am not interested in working larger at the moment.  Perhaps it is because I feel the season slipping by and the leaves will soon be off the trees and I am not quite ready for that.  The silver lining here is tht I will have plenty to choose from for the November small works shows I am participating in.  The painting above is a little different for me which is part of the fun.  It is titled "The Road Home" and is 8x10 inches as are the other works I am uploading here tonight.  As I see this image here the colors look a little different how they appeared to me earlier but then my eyes are a little strained right now.  I didn't think I needed to adjust this one on Photo Shop but I may be wrong.
     
     Huh! The colors in this one look different too.  Maybe I'm losing my eyesight.  I guess I am just more tired than I thought.  In any case...this one is titled "Evening on the West River" and is from an evening spent in Galesville MD at the end of August.  What a soft, beautiful evening that was! 
      I am thinking of sending these two to the Salmagundi in November but I haven't yet decided on the third.  Perhaps the sailboat painting off Daingerfield Island that I showed you in my last post.  I am uploading a better photo of that painting here.  I didn't take the time to remove the pinkish color cast in the last photo. 

      I am going to sign off for the night here.  There is more going on that I will talk about in my next post but for now I will leave you with a link to my website and wish you a good night! www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment