Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Back to the Farmhouse


      I haven't mentioned the farmhouse series in awhile.  Actually, I haven't mentioned anything in awhile.  Sorry about that.  Now that the days are shorter and I am being driven indoors earlier I suspect I will pick up the pace a bit with my blogging.  But, back to the farmhouse.....I have been continuing this mini series, fitting them in when time is short or when there has been a particularly lovely day to record.  The painting above was an August painting and was a morning rather than afternoon painting which is what most of the series depicts.  I decided in the beginning that the only common denominator was to be the view and the size.  I didn't commit to a specific time of day.  The reason most of them are afternoon paintings is that I found the skies more interesting during that time of day.  This summer enormous clouds would come rolling in around 11:00 AM and the show would continue throughout the day.  Towards the end of August we had some beautiful soft mornings and although the clouds were missing I wanted to record the colors in the sky.
    
      The painting below was painted in September and just as I wanted to have at least one morning painting I wanted to have a nocturne.  What could be better than a full moon in September.  Well, maybe a full moon in October.  I did do another one that I will phtograph tomorrow (thought I had already done so) and it shows the farmhouse from a different angle. I did it for one of the small works shows I will be participating in and will not include it in the mini series.  I would like to explore the nocturne further and attempt some larger paintings. I have always loved them and the mystery they suggest.
      I am being lax about updating my website so you might want to check that in a week or so as I upload more new work.  I am getting back to my cityscapes and would like to do some more "in progress" posts as I get back to larger work in the studio.
      THANK YOU to my regular readers who have hung in there through my silence! You know who you are:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment