Monday, July 7, 2014

The Noble Nocturne Exhibit

"At Rest" 10x20 oil on panel
      I am still loving nocturnes! Here is another take on the subject where the light of the moon is present but not the moon itself.  In preparation for this one I textured the panel rather heavily which gives a subtle movement to the atmosphere in this quiet painting. This one has been juried into the Noble Nocturne Exhibit at the Salmagundi Club at 47 5th Ave. NYC. The show runs from July 14th to July 25th in the newly renovated Main Gallery. The artist reception will be the evening of Friday, July 18th and a special live nocturne painting demo will be given by artist member Anne Kullaf at 9:00 PM.
       Also accepted for this show is my painting from the last post which seems to have been blocked for some reason. I have changed the title to " When the Clouds Parted" and I will upload it again for this post. Please visit the Salmagundi atwww.salmagundi.org I know all the paintings in this beautiful show will be uploaded soon.

        On the easel; Another cityscape and this one is an evening painting. It is almost finished so I will post soon!

"When the Clouds Parted" 12x16 oil on linen panel

No comments:

Post a Comment