Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Morning at River Bend at the Art League Gallery

Morning at River Bend, 12x16  oil on panel
I just got home from the Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria where the Art League Gallery is located.  This small plein air painting which you saw in an earlier post was one of the two pieces I entered in the September, all media show.  Only one can be selected if at all.  I was happy to see the juror had included this piece as I am quite fond of it.  I look at it and remember the tranquility of that morning painting with friends. The juror was Dr. Barbara Wolanin, the Curator of the Capitol.  Since I chair the committee that hangs the shows every month I must say I enjoy hanging them more when I have been included:) It doesn't always work out that way!
     The show runs from tomorrow, September 7th through Monday, October 3rd.  The reception will be held on Thursday evening, September 8th from 6:30 to 8:00 P.M.  If you love color then this is the show for you. All styles and genres have been included as well as some beautiful sculptures. http://www.theartleague.org/http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment