Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Sunset from the OBX (Outer Banks)

November 19th on the top and the 20th below
     As I mentioned in yesterday's post I am technologically limited here on the Outer Banks so I am only uploading one image a day and I can't crop or photo shop. 
     These are the sunsets from November 19th and 20th which I  laid down on the deck boards to photograph.  Todays painting I will have to photograph during the daylight tomorrow as it was too dark when I finished.  Today was an all day gray day and I wondered what the evening would bring.  It wasn't very encouraging but then around 5:00 some golden light broke through the clouds and gave me an opportunity.
      I know I said I wasn't going to correct or try to improve these studies but I am really itching to improve that land line at the horizon on the lower painting.  It's not really changing the painting so I think I will just go ahead and do it:)
       I am still determined to do one of these each evening.  My daytime painting plans have changed a little because of the incredible amount of mosquitoes along the Sound.  I want to get out on the docks jutting into Currituck Sound and look back at some of the shingle cottages dotting the shoreland and paint them.  I will wait for the cooler weather at the end of the week in the hopes the mosquitoes will find the climate not to their liking!
        
      I received an email today from the State Department's Art in Embassies program informing me that my paintings "Spring Rush" and "Between the Sun and the Moon" will be picked up early next week for their trip to Soltje Macedonia.  They will be part of an exhibit at the U.S.Embassy there for at least a year.
http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment