Thursday, December 15, 2011

More Tonal Studies

No title as yet, 10x8 on clear primed linen panel
    I have been missing in action for a few days partly because of the busy Christmas season but also because I had difficulty accessing my blog.  Since I usually do this at night I was just too tired to take the time to straighten the problem out.  Tonight I decided to bite the bullet and so I'm back.
    I completed this small painting over the weekend.  I let the natural linen color of this clear primed linen panel come through in places and I like the effect.  I am working on these in preparation for the Black and White Show at the Salmagundi Club in January.  This is their oldest running show and used to be quite famous.  Works can be in black and white or sepia only.  No color accents at all.  I wonder if the warm linen coming through the cooler black and white would constitute a color accent.  I don't think so but I should check.  I don't have a title for this as yet but the subject is the Old Potowmack Canal which I have frequently painted and I recently exhibited a painting by that name.  I'll have to come up with a different title if I send this to the show.  I started another interior today which is a larger version of the one I showed you earlier and brings in more elements in the room.  I will post it tomorrow even if it is not finished as I like to show works in progress.  I just didn't remember to take a photo today.

      Just a reminder that the Thumb Box Show at the Salmagundi openend on Monday, December 5th and will run until January 1st. I have three paintings in the show, or I should say two because one of them sold on Tuesday.  I understand it will be off to a happy new home in Northern California. You can find more information at http://www.salmagundi.org/    
      Here are three paintings in that show:
Rainy Night on Lower 5th
SOLD

Late October, Wide Water, Potomac MD

The C&O Canal, Potomac MD

No comments:

Post a Comment