Monday, November 4, 2013

Another Nocturne


      I mentioned in my last post that I had painted an October nocturne depicting a slightly different angle on the farmhouse.  This is that painting.  I will not be including this one in the series because of that difference but will be exhibiting it in either the Thumb Box show at the Salmagundi Club or the Small Wonders show at American Painting Gallery. 
      I have begun to focus on the Farmhouse Series as it will be drawing to a close in January.  I have decided that I would like to exhibit 20 of them together and will choose my favorite 20 for that grouping. I have been playing with different layouts and I think they look best arranged in 4 rows of 5 with just an inch or two inches between them.  I have selected a frame to be used on all of them and it is black with an antique gold lip and just two inches wide.  Now all I have to do is convince the gallery owner that this is a good idea :)  I also need to get busy framing as I would hate to have an opportunity arise and have all of them to frame at once!  I do want to show them together before starting to sell them off.  What is interesting is how many different ways they can be grouped.  It would be fabulous if the whole group were to be sold to one buyer as they have quite an impact together.  I could see them in a contemporary space and could be arranged any way the purchaser desires.  What is far more likely is that they will sell individually or in small groups.  I plan to have replacement pieces to fill in with should that be the case as I hope the series will be displayed for a few weeks.  I shall keep you posted!
      I will leave you tonight with two more from the series, a September and an October painting.
www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com


No comments:

Post a Comment