Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Evening on the Pond

Evening on the Pond, 8x10 oil on linen panel
I had mentioned in an earlier post that I have been busy framing small works in preparation for the holiday season.  I have quite a few more than I thought and I have selected some of my favorites to frame.  You may remember this one as one of the studies for the large commissioned painting I did this summer titled "Erik's Pond".  There are two others besides this one from that series that will find their way into frames.  I will probably put this on exhibit in the Art League Bin Gallery next month.  It will be too large for the juried small works show that will also be held there the same month. 
       The weather has turned sunny and cool and just perfect for plein air painting and I plan to be out and about as much as possible in the next week.  This Sunday I will be painting at the Alexandria West End Art and Wine Festival and handing out brochures for the Art League. http://www.theartleague.org/  I hope that those of you reading this blog who live nearby will stop by and see me.
     That reminds me....I checked my stats for the first time and was surprised at how large a percentage of my readers are from the Netherlands!  I will be forever amazed at the range of communication via the internet.  So to all of you in the Netherlands thanks for checking in.  It would be great to hear from you!
     I still haven't updated my website:(   http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/ and I hope at my next post I can say that I did.  Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment