Sunday, October 9, 2011

Painting at the Alexandria, West End Art and Wine Festival

Festival Tents, 9x12 oil on panel (in it's raw state)
    Today I spent the afternoon at the first ever Alexandria, West End Art and Wine Festival.  My verdict.... they have a winner!  Of course the weather this weekend helped.  I don't think I could have imagined a more beautiful and comfortable October day.  The light has taken on that golden quality which makes everything look better.  I had a wealth of subjects to choose from but decided on this since I had the Art League tent to work from.

     Lots of visitors stopped by and I enjoyed talking with them.  Quite a few were from out of town.  I learned the proper way to pronounce Oregon.  I think it is something like Orr-Gun:) Next year I will sign up for a tent.

    This little, 9x12 painting is not quite finished but I took some photos so I can fine tune it in the studio.  I might like to add that man who just sat down on the curb.  After my birthday extravaganza last night I was pretty worn out by the time I finished three + hours on the painting and decided to call it a day.  I took some time to explore the fair and there was so much to see, eat and purchase.  I took lots of photos!

    My kids gave me a recipe and the fixings for A.A.R.Peachy Sangria last night and I just whipped up a batch for Dick and me.  Oh, it is GOOD!  Also good is having clever kids:)  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment