Monday, March 12, 2012

Getting Ready for the Outer Banks

"A Favorite Spot" 12x16 oil on linen panel
      I made some subtle changes to "A Favorite Spot" which I showed you a couple of posts back.  You might not even notice the difference so I won't say what I did.  It was just some very small details that I thought needed improvement. Now I feel it is finished!

     This week I am busying myself with preparations for the Outer Banks.  That means finishing up things in the studio like the painting above, continuing to frame for the June show at the Ratner and prepping panels to take with me to the Outer Banks.  I would rather take the time to do that now instead of eating into painting time at the beach.  I hope I come home with some frame worthy paintings like those in February.  I also hope the weather is as fine there as it is here right now.  I did spend most of today outdoors but instead of painting I was working on the garden and getting ready for planting.  It smelled and felt great!

"The Torpedo Factory Marina", February Afternoon 11x14 oil on panel
       ON EXHIBIT at the Art League Bin Gallery for the month of March is this plein air painting I did back in February.  It has become a favorite of mine and looks good in its black frame with an antique gold lip.  I do hope it sells!

      I will probably save my next post for the Outer Banks.  It is always something of a challenge since I work from my laptop and don't have the software on it that I have on my desk computer.  At the very least I will be able to post where and what I am painting. 
                                                                                                      http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

            SOLD!  At last Sunday's auction at the Salmagundi Club NYC. It was the second of a series of three auctions making up the 2012 Salmagundi Club Spring Auction.  This Friday will be the last and  "Opalescent" comes up for bid.  I hope I go three for three! http://www.salmagundi.org/


"Through the Arch" 14x11 oil on gessoboard, SOLD
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment