Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Washington Summer is here

Gypsy in Clover, 11x14 oil on linen panel
    This is the finished painting that I posted earlier when it was just in progress.  I showed it on my plein air easel out in that field with my mare Gypsy for company.  Sadly this morning brought an end to those clear, crisp days and now our usual extreme summer heat and humidity has reared its head.  Ugh!  I love having all the windows open in the house but it is too warm and so it's back to living in air conditioning.  I should be happy we have it.  I am also happy I  have a studio because I will be spending time in it developing all the new material I have for larger paintings.  Being outdoors painting white skies does not enthrall me.

      This weekend I am going to be attending Bobbi Pratte's plein air workshop in Pennsylvania.  The Pennsylvania Lavender Festival is on and we will be painting on a lavender farm near Gettysburg.  I am praying for cooler, dryer air and I know everyone else was hoping the cool weather would hold on for just one more week.  Still, I am sure the beauty of the place will overcome any discomfort.  Bobbi Pratte is on the faculty of the Art League School and is both a fellow ALPAP and fellow candidate for the Washington Society of Landscape Painters.  She is also exhibiting her paintings along with me and 7 other artists at the Ratner Museum this month.  I love her paintings and look forward to what she has in store.  I know I will have lots of images to upload when I get home.  We will be there Friday through Sunday.

ON EXHIBIT:    "Landscapes and Other Visions" until June 25th                       
                         The Dennis and Phillip Ratner Museum, Bethesda, MD
                        "Everyone Talks About the Weather, Artists Do Something About It"
                          The Salmagundi Club, 47 5th Ave. NYC  June 18th to July 7th
                        
http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment