Saturday, April 19, 2014

More Progress on "Lafayette Square"

"Lafayette Square" 16x20 oil on panel ( in progress)

 
     Above is the most recent incarnation of my latest studio painting. I have been posting the progress of this one and that progress has been slow! I need to paint it while I have good natural light in the studio so I put it aside while we endured heavy rain and dark skies. The last two days have been sunny but quite cool so I am glad to be in the studio listening to music and getting back to work on this.
      The Eisenhower Executive Office building is a bugger to paint! I want it to read accurately but not be overly detailed as it would not then suit the painting. Tomorrow I will be painting parts of it out and trying again.  I will be adding more figures in the background and will have to decide whether or not to paint back in the figures I had sitting at the base of the monument.
       I am eager to move on and I hope the weather cooperates because I am counting on a painting excursion on the other side of the Poromac with friends on Thursday. I am a warm weather plein air painter :-)
        Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all of you who celebrate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment