Monday, February 27, 2012

THE 2012 SALMAGUNDI CLUB SPRING AUCTION

     Here is the announcement I sent out for the SCNY auction that begins this Friday evening.  If you scroll down to my February 22nd entry you can see images of all three pieces in their frames.  If you would like to read about the painting of "Primal" (the image on the upper left) or "Through the Arch" go to my menu on the right, hit January and go to January 12th and 17th.  It will tell you a little more about them.  "Opalescent" was painted before I started this blog in July so there isn't anything here showing the work in progress.
     There are so many really beautiful paintings in this auction that I feel honored to be included. If you go to the Salmagundi website http://www.salmagundi.org/ look at the menu on the left and hit "info" next to the entry for the SCNY Spring Auction. It will take you directly to the three auction previews. Remember they are this Friday March 2nd at 8:00 PM; Sunday March 11th at 2:00 PM and the final auction is Friday, March 16th at 8:00 PM.  The auction will be both live an online at the same time.  You can also go directly to http://www.liveauctioneers.com/ and in the search box put in Salmagundi Club and the SCNY auction previews will be shown. I have never participated in one of these before so I am looking forward to following it!

      Other things on the burner besides the paintings I am working on.....This April the Art League of Alexandria is having an exhibit called "Earth, the State of the Planet".  I am working along with others to find sponsorship for this show by supporting the League of 25.  We are looking for 25 individuals to donate $100 each and join one of three teams competing against one another to create a sculpture from found objects provided the evening of the opening reception. The winning sculpture becomes part of the show.  I have joined up and I think it will be a lot of fun.  I suppose some of you will think sure, you mean it's another opportunity to make an idiot of yourself.  Fun is not idiocy:) I am a landscape painter, I like the earth, I don't mind helping to shine a light on the state of it.  If you share my feelings perhaps you will go to this linkwww.razoo.com/story/join-the-league-of-25  You don't have to join the League and donate $100 you can click a second button to donate whatever amount you are comfortable with.  I think the minimum donation is $10.
       http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment