Monday, February 13, 2012

Completed Today! "Camelot on the Potomac"

"Camelot on the Potomac", 30x24 oil on linen
     Today was my third time painting on "Camelot" and I consider it finished.  I will now banish it to the closet as is my habit.  That is to keep me from constantly finding fault and picking away until I finally ruin it. There is a bit of glare on this image and it is fairly impossible to avoid since I am working under lights.  Before I put this on my website I should probably take some images of it with just light from the studio windows.  I think I will save it for a group show I will be participating in this June as the colors will work well with the other pieces I have set aside for that.  I very much enjoy working with this palette of colors and might just do another one or two before resuming work on "6th and Constitution" whos colors now seem dull by comparison.  Of course I could always liven that one up but then it would not be my original concept.  Not that that has ever stopped me!

ON EXHIBIT:  At the Salmagundi Club, 47 5th Ave. NY, NY http://www.salmagundi.org/   from Monday February 13th to Friday March 16th, "The 2012 Spring Auction Exhibit". Auctions will take place on Friday evening March 2nd, Sunday afternoon March 11th and Friday evening March 16th.  The auctions will be both live and online.  I will give instructions on this blog regarding signing in for the auctions and you can also read more information on the Salmagundi website as linked here.  The three paintings below are those that are on exhibit prior to being auctioned off.  This is a fundraiser for the Club and prices will be very affordable should you be interested in placing a bid.  I will explain more later this week after I have received the press release.
                      

"Primal" 16x20 oil on linen panel
"Opalescent" 24x30 oil on linen
"Throught the Arch" 14x11 oil on panel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment