Thursday, February 16, 2012

Award of Merit at the Patron's Show

"Red Fishing Boat" 9x12 oil on panel (plein air)
     I stopped by the Art League of Alexandria today to see the Patron's Show hung in all its glory.  I instantly regretted not having my camera with me to capture it for you.  It is room after room of beautiful work hung from the floor to ceiling.  Sensory overload!  I think the ticket holders will be thrilled with their choices and I don't envy them having to decide which works they most want.  My list would be ridiculously long!  I mentioned in an earlier post that I had donated 6 paintings.  Three are plein air and three are studio. I gave the titles and link to my website where they can be viewed.  This little painting to the left is one of my donations and I was pleased to see a little gold medal next to it to indicate the juror had given it an Award of Merit.  That feels good!  I remember painting this fron the deck of our house at the Outer Banks and thinking it just needed something when this little red fishing boat went zipping by leaving a bright white wake behind it.  It was all I needed. Originally I had titled the painting "Zippy" but decided it might have been considered too cutesy, but I still think of it as "Zippy".  I wonder who will select it....

      THE SALMAGUNDI CLUB 2012 SPRING AUCTION:
      In my last post I showed you the paintings I had sent to the Salmagundi Club after they had been juried in for the spring auction exhibit.  I now have the information I said I would have for you should you wish to view the paintings online and particpate in the auction by making a bid online.  If you go to the Salmagundi website, http://www.salmagundi.org/  You will see a lovely landscape in the upper right corner and next to it it says SCNY 2012 spring auction.  Click on the image and a page will come up with all the information.  It will give you a link to Live Auctioneers.  It will also tell you that all the works (some 250) will be on view at that site starting Wednesday February 25th.  It will explain that you can bid on the paintings from that site during the actual auction dates.  I am looking forward to following it.  The opening bids on my paintings will be extemely reasonable and who knows, anything can happen at an auction and you may actually be able to purchase it for that opening bid.  The first auction takes place Friday March 2nd at 8:00 P.M. , the second is Sunday March 11th at 2:00 P.M. and the final one is Friday March 16th at 8:00 P.M.  This is the first time I am doing this and I think it will be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment