Saturday, February 25, 2012

Torpedo Factory Marina

"The Torpedo Factory Marina, February Afternoon"
     Here is the finished painting from my last post.  I just put more reflections in the water, put in the masts and some rigging and a suggestion of the board walk behind the boats.  I am pleased with it as it captures what drew me to the scene.  The crisp blue and white and all the subtle colors of the clouds and their reflections.  I mentioned last summer that I want to spend more time learning to paint boats and I still feel that way.  Fortunately there are plenty of them around to paint!

      I spent today working on the other two paintings I have on the easels in my studio, photographing finished paintings and organizing my upcoming website update.  I really shouldn't get so far behind with that.  Managing my images and keeping current with my blog plus a website really takes more time than I have some weeks.  This is one of those busy periods.  I also packed my gear for tomorrow's paint out with the Washington Society of Landscape Painters in Georgetown.  I plan to paint somewhere along the C&O Canal and it will be a good opportunity for more townscape practice.  I am glad the paintout wasn't planned for today as we are having very high winds and I do hope the forecast is correct for tomorrow and we won't have to deal with it.  Sunday is supposed to be sunny and around 50 degrees.  At least it sounds good.  One never knows.....

        Just a reminder about the upcoming SALMAGUNDI CLUB SPRING AUCTION.  You can read my post from earlier this week or go to my website http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/ and check my News page.  I have the auction dates for each painting.  Also I want to add that "Primal" is lot # 54, "Through the Arch is lot #81 and "Opalescent" is lot #200.  Oh, I should also mention that you can preview all the paintings if you hit this link http://www.liveauctioneers.com/  In the search box type in Salmagundi Club.  The listing for the three auctions will come up.  You can scroll through and see all or just go to my lot #.  The paintings are shown both framed and unframed and you can scroll over the painting to see details.

No comments:

Post a Comment