Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting Ready to Ship to the Black and White Exhibit at the Salmagundi


"Snow in the Park", 11x14 oil on gessoboard
 TaaDaa, an image!  This did not get here by the usual means. Actually I found my way to Picasa Images where my blogger images are stored once they are uploaded here from my computer.  Since I was unable to load new photos directly here any longer I tried uploading first to Picasa and then uploading them here from that site.  It takes longer but it works.  I will now try to find out why I have to do it that way but for the moment I would prefer to catch up with my blogging and showing you paintings.  I am holding my breath because I am going to attempt another one and am not sure how to get back.  Here goes....  IT WORKED!

"Starbucks", 11x14 oil on gessoboard
      The upper painting is of Central Park in the Snow and is painted from memory. I spent many a pleasant time trudging through the park in winter when I was in college and for some years afterward.  I loved to take photos there.  "Starbucks" was painted in the early fall and is the Starbucks I frequent when in Old Town Alexandria.  It is at the corner of Union and King and initially that was the title.  Starbucks just seemed a better choice.        The paintings will ship out tomorrow and the show will open Monday, January 21, 2013 and run until Friday, February8, 2013.  If you are in NY I hope you will stop in and also enjoy a wonderful Salmagundi Dinner, Lunch or Sunday Brunch. www.salmagundi.org
       It is now 2:00 in the morning and I will put a comma here.  It was one of those nights when I couldn't sleep because my mind was trying to find solutions to things.  I knew I wouldn't doze off without giving this a try and I am surprised and delighted that it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment