Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Last Week in McLean Virginia

"After the Second Snow" 6x8 oil on linen panel
     I love painting snow.  We just haven't gotten much of it here in Virginia the last two years.  I almost miss Snowmaggedon!  We didn't have power during much of it so my time was spent trying to stay warm rather than painting.  Quick, light snows like I have painted here are much more pleasant.  There is just enough snow to be beautiful but not enough to interfere with life.  This was the second snow we had last week.  The painting from my last post was painted during the first one and we are expecting a third at the end of this week. Hard to believe considering the temperatures today were in the high 60's and it felt like Spring!

     I have made a point of painting very small this month.  My schedule is really tight and about to be worse as I prepare for Art League Board meetings and the Patron's Show which we will begin hanging next Tuesday. It will be frustrating to try to work on a larger studio piece.  Working this small I can take advantage of the hours I have between appointments and taking care of Gypsy.  Each little painting has been completed on the same day that inspired it.  I also like the idea of painting the same scene in different weather conditions and I think these little paintings will inspire larger works.  I think a grouping of 6x8 paintings of the same theme might prove interesting as well.
 www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com

"The Farmhouse" 6x8 oil on linen panel

No comments:

Post a Comment