Monday, November 18, 2013

First Session Painting "15th Street"


"15th Street", 20x16 oil on panel
      This photo was taken after my first day of work on my latest cityscape, "15th Street". I put a couple of hours in on it again today but will have to wait until morning to photograph it.  It is at an awkward stage and it feels like a struggle at this point but I have learned from experience that some of my best paintings have forced me out of my comfort zone.  I will keep you posted on my progress. 

      Today the annual Thumb Box Exhibit opened at the Salmagundi Club in NYC.  The show is in the Lower Gallery this year due to the continued renovation of the Main Gallery and it will be on exhibit until January 3rd.  I have three paintings in this show and I hope all will be uploaded to the Salmagundi website soon. www.salmagundi.org
     Last Friday I dropped off four paintings for the Small Wonders Exhibit that will open at the American Painting Gallery on Saturday, November 23rd and will run until January 26th. I will upload some of those images over my next few posts. www.classicamericanpainting.com  If you are in either NYC or DC I hope you will be able to catch one of the shows.  The works are priced to sell for the holiday season!

     What a surprise!  Another Farmhouse painting :-)  This is the latest

No comments:

Post a Comment