Saturday, November 30, 2013

More Progress on 15th Street

Third Session on "15th Street"
     I am at that pleasant stage of a painting when I know where I am going with it.  I really look forward to getting to work when this happens.  I just wish the days were a little longer. I took this photo in the afternoon while the natural light was still good and then I continued to work on the painting into the evening. I have to be careful not to fade out the color when working after the sun goes down.  The studio lights make the warm tones seem warmer than they actually are and if I adjust them accordingly I will be disappointed in the morning. I have been adding more vehicles and people and I want to make some adjustments to the sky. I will post an update tomorrow.

     This Friday, December 7th the artist's reception for "Small Treasures", a Washington Society of Landscape Painters exhibit, will be held at American Paintings Gallery. The reception will be from 5:00 to 7:00 PM and the gallery is located at 5118 MacArthur Blvd., Washington DC. Please join us if you can. www.classicamericanpainting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment