Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Small Wonders

"South Capitol Street", 9x12 oil on panel
"August Afternoon, Pennsylvania Avenue", 6x12 oil on linen panel


     The Small Wonders Exhibit opened last Friday at American Paintings Gallery on MacArthur Boulevard,Washington DC. www.classicamericanpainting.com This is an annual holiday show by The Washington Society of Landscape Painters featuring paintings and drawings no larger than 9x12 inches. The opening reception will be on Saturday, December 7th from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. I hope I will see some of you there!

      This is my first post from my new iPad and I am happy that I can easily upload images. I talked about issues I was having with the Blogger site when working on my computer. I think part of the problem is my computer but there are still problems with my account because I am having some text issues even here. Still this is much easier so I will start adding images to Picasa to upload when blogging and use my iPad for my blog.I forgot to upload to Picasa the fourth painting I have in this show so I will save it for my next post. 

     The reason I purchased the iPad is so that I can take a seminar being offered by my friend Bobbi Pratte to teach us how to draw and paint on the iPad. I think it will be a great tool particularly outdoors during the winter months. I got a chuckle out of the materials list for the course. It was all apps to download :-) It is a new world. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here in the U.S.!
"Pennsylvania Avenue Sunset", 6x12 oil on linen panel




No comments:

Post a Comment