Saturday, November 9, 2013

I Love Fall Color!


      I have been busy painting the spectacular fall color we have experienced this year. Sadly, I think this week will be the end of it as the strong winds are blowing the leaves to the ground.  I painted this little 6x8 addition to the Farmhouse series on Friday and I did another one today that I completed after dark.  I will photograph it in the morning.  I continue to enjoy this series and will have more autumn paintings than I will be including in the initial grouping as they will outweigh the other seasons.
     There are so many benefits from doing these little paintings.  I will have to choose another subject for a 2014 series.  As I view the works together I see the paintings becoming looser and looser.  I like that! It does good things for me.  Not only is the experience a real pleasure but the repetition and familiarity with the subject has allowed me to develop a sort of handwriting. I want to approach my larger works the same way.
     
      I mentioned in a recent post my surprise at the change in color with one of my image uploads.  There was quite a difference between how the photo looked in my folder and how it looked uploaded here.  The same happened with the last image I uploaded in my last post.  This happens very rarely and I have no idea why.  I am going to upload the same image again here and will be curious to see what happens with it.  I did go back and improve the cropping but otherwise it is the same.  Here goes.....

That's much better! 
I am getting ready to start a new painting and will start posting about that soon.  It is a cityscape and is will be a painting of 15th Street in DC.  Below is one of my rough preliminary sketches in my little 4x6 sketchbook.

www.jeanschwartzpaingings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment