Monday, November 25, 2013

Obsessed with the Farmhouse

"Cold and Windy", 6x8 oil on panel
     How strange. I have been unable to upload images to my blog and thought I would just take a moment to see if that situation had changed and obviously it has.  The only reason I have been taking so many pauses between posts is the trouble I have been having with this site.  I probably should not complain because, after all, it is free.  However, this is my journal.  I actually refer to it, particularly the posts where I show the progress on particular paintings.  I don't always remember how I painted certain paintings and am glad to have a record of them here. I appreciate having so many readers and I regret losing some of you due to the lack of activity here.
     My Farmhouse series continues to interest me and frankly, right now I would rather paint these little paintings than anything else.  This one is from today and I painted it when I got home from the barn using a photo on my iPhone as a reference for the sky.  The day was bitter cold and the winds were in excess of 25mph.  Still, it was a very beautiful day with a spectacular, rapidly changing sky.  I have now painted over 20 of these little pieces and I am beginning to assess them as a whole.  I realize that the farmhouse just happens to be the object in a painting that is really about the sky and atmosphere surrounding the house and storage shed. I have been laying them all out together so I can see what is needed when considering them as one work.  You can see 16 of them on my website and I will be adding more soon. www.jeanschwartzpaingings.com 
ON EXHIBIT:  The Thumb Box Exhibit, Salmagundi Club, NYC www.salmagundi.org
                         Small Wonders Exhbit, American Painting Gallery, www.classicamericanpainting.com
      Here's hoping I will be able to upload work in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment