Thursday, April 12, 2012

Almost There

Still Untitled, 12x24 oil on gessoboard
     This photo was taken yesterday with just some very minor things to complete before considering the painting finished.  Today I continued the lamposts across the bridge and showed the reflections here and there in the river.  I intensified the headlights on the cars driving along the other side of the river and then I signed it.  This painting came together easily in spite of the sporadic way I had to work this week.  I just wish I could decide on a title.  I am on the Washington side of the Potomac watching the setting sun hit the Key Bridge and I am looking across at Rosslyn Virginia.  I will ponder this for awhile.  I plan to include the painting in the June show at the Ratner Museum in Bethesda, "Landscapes and Other Visions. 

      As you can see from the date of my last post and the date of this one I have been MIA.  Like everyone I have times in my life that are more involved than others.  This has been one of those periods but life is life and needs to be lived.  In spite of the many other commitments I have found time everyday to work in the studio.  Actually that is more like every evening.  I can't get decent photos at night so I haven't had much to show you and by the time I am finished I really don't feel like posting.  The problem is that if I don't post you don't visit! I have noticed that if I miss a couple of days my stats fall off.  It is understandable.  Who wants to visit for the same old same old:)
     I have a lot on my mind about art and as it is almost midnight I feel a ramble coming on so I will cut myself off here.  Tomorrow I will tell you about the sculpture contest I participated in this evening.  It was so much fun!  I felt like a kid in the sandbox again! There is a lot on the horizon. http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment