Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On Exhibit at the Art League Gallery

"High Water" 30x40 oil on canvas
     I am pleased to say that "High Water" was juried into the April All Media Show at the Art League Gallery today.  This painting was one of a series I did of the Great Falls in Virginia.  Last year we had record snows and in March when all that snow started melting in the higher elevations we had a truly spectacular, exciting rush at the Falls.  We did have some early flooding but when things settled down a bit the views were exhilirating and inspiring.  I still have one or two paintings in mind that I sketched out last March and just haven't gotten around to them.  This year the Falls are much quieter so I think my sketches and memory will have to serve as my reference for those works should I choose to paint them.

"The Artist's Sanctuary", 14x11 oil on panel
    


      Also on exhibit this month in the Art League Bin Gallery is this small painting "The Artists Sanctuary".  It is a sepia painting I sent up to the Salmagundi Club in NYC for the annual Black and White Show (sepia also qualified).  It didn't sell so I have it back and put it in this show.  It is the interior view from  my studio which is separted from this room by a low step and glass pocket doors which I usually keep open. I sat at my small easel and painted this one afternoon this winter.
It is a personal painting so if it does not sell at the Art League I think I will just keep this one for myself.

      Today I started adding the first color notes on the Key Bridge painting I started yesterday.  So far so good.  I will let you follow along on this one as I haven't done that in a while.  More to see tomorrow! http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment