Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Orangerie, Dumbarton Oaks

"The Orangerie, Dumbarton Oaks" 14x11 oil on linen panel
     Friday I showed you the beginning of this painting and today I have finished it.  I took this photo while there was still enough light and afterwards just put a little definition in the lower panel of the door on the right and then signed the painting.  It is the view from inside the Orangerie at Dumbarton Oaks looking out at the terrace in springtime

      I had some good news from the Art League Gallery telling me that the sepia painting I showed you several posts back "The Artists Sanctuary" sold.  That meant I could bring down another painting to take its place and I did so earlier this afternoon.  I decided to take down the piece I had in the Salmagundi Club Black and White show back in January titled,"Meet Me in the Village".I wanted to be sure to bring it down on the weekend because this wonderful weather has brought out many visitors to Old Town.  It was a good thought because a short while ago I received a call telling me that the painting had just sold. So...I am thinking I will take this one down later this week as the new replacement.    Our gallery director, Rose, said she was feeling good karma and I am inclined to agree with her!  I hope the streak lasts, I could use it.
http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

"Meet Me in the Village"11x14 oil on gessoboard SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment