Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Second Day of Painting "Leaving the Inlet"


Day two of painting "Leaving the Inlet" 18x24 oil on gessoboard
     
      Busy, busy, busy was the weekend!  I had planned on working on this painting but instead I got caught up with framing and varnishing and updating my bio. I also put together some of those 6x8 panels I posted about last time.  I do miss the convenience of my ready to paint old ones.  Such is life.  Maybe someday I will be successful enough to have an assistant to take care of such things.  I can dream can't I?
   
       Back to the current painting.....Today I worked a little bit on the sky but spent most of my time on the lower portion of the painting.  I am very glad I chose the alizarin crimson underpainting as it has been just right for this early morning light.  The little speck of white in the middle of the painting is where I will be locating the launch that is heading down the inlet to Lake Cayuga proper.  My husband and I were in a launch following this one which is how I was able to see this view. 
      I love painting skies and water!  I don't want to overwork this sky so I will leave it for now and probably add a few brushstrokes at the end.  The sky is always the fun part for me and I have to be careful not to spend too much time there and not enough on the rest of the painting.  The nice thing about painting skies reflected in water is that it is logical to work on the two elements at the same time and I therefore work around the painting rather than in segments.

     I haven't added the link to my website in quite some time because, as usual, I am behind on updating it.  Actually my next update is going to be the reorganization of it and I have been working on that on paper.  Again, I sure wish I had an assistant!

     No shows on the horizon right now.  I will pass on the upcoming exhibit at the Art League as it is a theme show that I don't really have anything available for.  I have entered a couple of national shows but I won't hear about them until April and May.  It is nice to have a little break and start thinking of plein air season:)

No comments:

Post a Comment