Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Winter's Last Blast!

"The Farmhouse March 6th" 6x8 oil on linen panel
      Today Mother Nature offered up a "polite" snow storm, at least for the metro DC area.  I say polite because the warm weather yesterday heated the roads enough that the snow melted quickly making driving easy. More important we didn't lose power!  The latter is always a concern for us as it doesn't take much to knock it out around here.  I love our beautiful, mature trees but I don't love that the power wires are threaded through the branches!

     I spent the morning at the barn and then came home to paint another mini for my series "The Farmhouse".  It was windy and heavy snow was falling making us think that perhaps this was going to be as serious an event as advertised. I was just delighted to have another opportunity to paint a snowy day!  I approached it as a study in grays and this is the first time I depicted the falling snow.  It is great fun painting snow and it almost makes me wish for more before winter ends.  Almost.  Actually I am looking forward to spring and I hope this weekend we get the warm, sunny weather that is being forcast so I can get out and paint.
Here is a side view of the farmhouse just in case you get sick of seeing the same view :)

No comments:

Post a Comment