Monday, July 15, 2013

"Between Storms" Finished!


"Between Storms" 18x24 oil on panel
      Finished, except for one little thing.  The figures on the path did, indeed, drive me nuts.  I don't want them to look too finished but I also didn't mean to eliminate the horse's right hind leg:(  You can see the suggestion of his right fore but when I was making adjustments I forgot to put back a tiny stroke for that hind leg.  So now I am happy except for the three legged horse.  I guess I will do that tomorrow.  Oh good, yet another opportunity to mess it up.
    
     Issues with Blogger continue so I will be brief.  What I intend to work on next is another "from the road" painting.  I call them that because there are times when I am driving and I see something I want to paint but even if I could return to the scene there is no way I can stand in the middle of the road and paint it.  Returning from the opening in Annapolis I was fortunate to have my husband driving so I could whip out my i phone and take photos when a subject appealed to me.  We stopped at a light on South Capitol Street and there was a wonderful view of the Capitol Building in the distance with the huge white clouds and blue sky like you see above.  The foreground was a colorful but mundane city street view.  I liked the contrast, patterns, colors.  There is no way on earth I am painting from the median on South Capitol so I will rely on my photo and quick sketch in my purse size sketch book which I show below.  I'll keep you posted.  Please check the previous post for exhibition information.
Ball point pen sketch in my mini sketchbook on the ride home

No comments:

Post a Comment