Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Between Storms" First Session

"Between Storms", 18x24 oil on panel
    I got quite a lot done on this first day of painting "Between Storms".  More than once I thought how appropriate the title is particularly because today I was painting between and during the storms.  We had skies like this again.  When the monsoon rains stopped for awhile the sun would burst out and it was beautiful!

     There is quite a lot of glare on the painting because I was working under studio lights.  I really put those color correct bulbs to use at this time of year because the trees are so lush and dense that they cast a greenish glow to the light in the studio. That is not good for painting.  I had planned on sketching at the National Cathedral today but Mother Nature changed my mind. This time of year the best studio is outdoors!
"Between Storms" surrounded by the references I am using to paint it.


"Old Angler's Bridge" 18x24 oil on panel

        THE WASHINGTON SOCIETY OF LANDSCAPE PAINTERS: As the newest member of this one hundred year old society I have the honor of being the featured artist this month.  An announcement of this was sent out by the WSLP and it featured my painting "Old Angler's Bridge". This is also one of the two paintings I have on exhibit at the "Celebrating One Hundred Years" WSLP exhibit at the McBride Gallery in Annapolis Maryland.  The show opens this Sunday, July 7th and the artists reception is  from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. 
       Please click on this link to see my gallery and interview on the WSLP site. You can also click on Home on the menu and on that page you can click the link to a slide show of the exhibit at McBride.
http://wslp.org

No comments:

Post a Comment