Friday, July 12, 2013

More on "Between Storms" and a Favorite Sells

"Between Storms" 18x24 oil on panel (second session)



      I haven't blogged in a couple of days because I am once again encountering technical problems with Blogger.  Attempts seem to be hit or miss but I just got lucky so here I am.  I wonder if I dare upload a second image as that might be my undoing.
      
       The image to the left is "Between Storms" after my second day of working on it.  I painted on it again today and it is almost finished.  I didn't take any photos so the next time you see this it will be a finished painting.  Today I painted out the figure of the girl walking the horse as it looked cartoony (is that a word?) to me.  It will now probably drive me nuts putting it back in.  The horse looked pretty good so I decided to leave it alone.  I have made some value adjustments and worked on the trees on the left side of the painting as well as adding details such as the fencing around the paddock and improving the two structures shown.  I haven't touched the sky.  My only concern right now is whether to leave the two figures in or not.  Somehow I feel they should be there and perhaps I will feel better about them after I repaint the girl.

         In my last post I mentioned that I had sold "5th and Waverly" and it is now residing in LA.  The day after that post I received a check in the mail for my painting "Morning, Washington Square Park", which sold at the Oil Painters of America Summer Salon Show in Petoskey Michigan.  I do not yet know where it is off to and hope to hear about that soon.  That was the companion piece to "5th and Waverly".  Both were inspired by the same summer morning in Washington Square Park.  I will miss those two as they were both favorites and I liked to refer to them from time to time when I got stuck on other paintings.  I think they were two of my best! 
        ON EXHIBIT:  "The Art of DC" at American Painting Gallery on MacArthur Boulevard in DC continues until September.  I have six painting on exhibit there.
                                 "Celebrating 100 Years" The Washington Society of Landscape Painters exhibit at the McBride Gallery in Annapolis, MD is on until July 28th.  I have two paintings in that show. 
                                  "Summer Potpouri" The Salmagundi Club online exhibit.www.salmagundi.org
I forgot to add the gallery links with the other two listings and will add them there because I am unable to move the curser back.  American Painting Gallery is www.classicamericanpaintings.com
                                   The McBride Galelry is www.mcbridegallery.com

"Morning Washington Square Park", 20x16 oil on panel SOLD!


No comments:

Post a Comment