Monday, July 8, 2013

The Business of Art

"5th and Waverly" 20x16 oil on panel SOLD


     I did a number of posts about the progress of this painting, "5th and Waverly", back in September 2011.  Since then it has been one of my favorites.  I am pleased that it is moving on to a new home in Los Angeles but at the same time I am sad to see it go.  While I still have it I have taken a number of up close detail photos of it for future reference.  This is part of the business of art.  I create these images to share not to sit in a closet.  Painting and selling a painting is an achievement.

      Also part of the business of art is publicity for the work and exhibiting it.  That is what has been absorbing me the last week and I am eager to put some of that behind me and get back to the real business which is painting!  I have a lot on exhibit  and now I want to be alone with my easel.  I have so many images running around in my head that what to paint next is not a problem.  The problem is what do I want to paint most!  I have "Between Storms" to finish and I have begun sketches for future paintings, city, country, beach. 
        I am including a couple of photos from the opening of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters "Celebrating 100 Years" exhibit at the McBride Gallery in Annapolis MD.  You can see more at the following link:
www.mcbridegallery.com  You can also now view the Salmagundi Club Summer PotPourri exhibit online at www.salmagundi.org  other links: www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com and http://wslp.org
WSLP members from left, Hiu Lai Chong, Barbara Nuss(President), Lani Browning, Nancy Tankersley, Bill Schmidt, Me, Andrei Kushnir.  We are standing in front of Hiu Lai's beautiful "Autumn, Sky Meadow"
"Different Paths" and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment