Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Heading to the Falls" is heading to the Big Apple!

Heading to the Falls, 40x30 oil on canvas
I said that in this blog I would discuss the highs and lows in my life as a contemporary artist so I think it is auspicious that my very first post is about one of the highs.  I enter a lot of juried shows and I get my share of rejection and acceptance notices.  On the national scene more of the former than the latter so imagine my joy when I went to the mailbox and pulled out a fat, not skinny envelope from the Salmagundi Club.  Remember those college acceptance/rejection notices and we always knew before we opened them what the verdict was based on the thickness of the envelope?  The only question was which of the three I entered was accepted and I was particularly pleased that it was this one.  This is one of my favorite paintings and whenever I look at it not only do I remember the beauty of the place but also the sheer pleasure this one was to paint.
The Salmagundi Club is a very old art club which dates from the 1870's and is located at the lower end of 5th Avenue in NYC down in Greenwich Village.  The show will be from August 8th-19th and the awards reception will be on the 19th.  If any of my Jersey or NYC friends happen to find yourselves at that end of the city during those dates the show is in the Main Gallery and is open to the public from 1-6pm Monday- Friday and 1-5 Saturday & Sunday.  The exact address is 47 5th Ave. at 12th St. New York , NY.  Maybe I will see you there! http://www.salmagundi.org/  http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! It is now on my favorites. I love this painting, it has such a great feeling, like you are there. Not a surprise it was accepted to Salmagundi. I'm in the Salmagundi show too. Are you planning to go to the reception? I think I will be going.

    ReplyDelete