Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just One More for Erik


Study for Erik's Pond #5, 8x10 oil on linen


        After Erik had some time to think about it he became concerned that study # 4 might be too dark against the dark stone that is floor to ceiling around the fireplace where the painting will hang.  I have to say I see his point.  Also he wanted the painting to be light enough for the viewer to be able to see some of the features important to him such as the dock on the lower left, the lily pads which are suggested here in the dark areas on the water and the white heron taking off from the pond, which this small format does not permit me to include. I very much appreciate him bringing these issues up now at the beginning so we can work together to create something that will bring him joy every time he walks in the room.  As you can see from the photo below, which he kindly let me post, this is a very special location for my painting.I certainly  want it to have the impact we both seek!                                                                                              
"Erik's Pond" will hang over the fireplace
I also spent some time today working on the painting of Jesse and feel it is almost finished.  I worked too late to take good photos of it in the natural light I had been working in so I will wait until tomorrow.  http://www.jeanschwartzpaintings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment